Ars Technica on IPv4 exhaustion

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jun 19 22:14:40 UTC 2014

> Any suggestions on how ARIN should reach those CIO's in the meantime?
> (so as to reduce the number who experience such surprise)  We've done
> some attempts at outreach to that community, and have advice from PR
> firms, etc., but I'm interested in a more "real world" perspective on
> getting their attention before we hit the wall...

for one, stop the scare tactics, "hitting the wall," etc.  and cut the
tea party fanaticism.

how you acquire ipv4 space is likely to change and how much it costs you
is very likely to change, and not for the better.

they hear "the world is coming to an end" so often that they ignore it.
they are very sensitive to "costs will go up."

get geoff to do a one pager and see it is circulated

randy