Credit to Digital Ocean for ipv6 offering

Harald Koch chk at pobox.com
Thu Jun 19 18:48:50 UTC 2014

On 19 June 2014 14:07, Daniel Ankers <md1clv at md1clv.com> wrote:

> How does it use those 6 /64s?  That seems to be getting towards the
> interesting times where the way devices work with v6 is very different to
> how they would have worked with v6

Bridging between (slow) 802.11 and (fast) ethernet is hard to do right, so
CeroWRT configures all interfaces as separate LANs and routes between them
instead. It does this on the IPv4 side too; it's not specific to IPv6.

This breaks a lot of things (like Apple Bonjour), so I'm not convinced it's
a *useful* technique for home networks.

--
Harald