Credit to Digital Ocean for ipv6 offering

STARNES, CURTIS Curtis.Starnes at granburyisd.org
Thu Jun 19 12:18:36 UTC 2014

On 18 June 2014 19:05, Daniel Ankers <md1clv at md1clv.com>replied:

I have to agree with Dan on this one,
Look at the numbers (especially for small to mid-sized business and residential):

/56 = 256 /64's subnets
/60 = 16 /64's subnets
http://www.sixscape.com/joomla/sixscape/index.php/ipv6-training-certification/ipv6-forum-official-certification/ipv6-forum-network-engineer-silver/network-engineer-silver-ipv6-subnetting/ipv6-subnetting-general-subnetting

At 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 per /64, that is a lot of address.
Right now I cannot get IPv6 at home so I will take getting "screwed" with a /56 or /60 and be estatic about it.

Curtis