Credit to Digital Ocean for ipv6 offering

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 23:57:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM, Daniel Ankers <md1clv at md1clv.com> wrote:
> On 18 June 2014 19:05, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>
>> OTOH, it's far better than those ridiculous providers that are screwing
>> over their customers with /56s or even worse, /60s.
>>
>> Sad, really.
>>
>> Owen
>>

> Is giving a /56 to residential customers REALLY "screwing them over"?

Maybe, maybe not (it is, as much else, about perceptions) but /60
certainly seems to be "screwing them over", and a /56 is the
minimum would should see (with the ability to request at least
up to a /48) IMHO.

HIPnet ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grundemann-homenet-hipnet )
suggests that a /56 is the minimum one should expect in order to
support multiple sub-delegations within the residence.  Some $CABLECOs$
appear to be delegating only a /60 to residential customers (even though
some of those same $CABLECOs$ have participated in the project;
I guess that just proves the left hand and the right hand do not talk).

Gary