Credit to Digital Ocean for ipv6 offering

Daniel Ankers md1clv at md1clv.com
Wed Jun 18 23:37:04 UTC 2014

On 18 June 2014 19:05, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> OTOH, it's far better than those ridiculous providers that are screwing
> over their customers with /56s or even worse, /60s.
>
> Sad, really.
>
> Owen

Is giving a /56 to residential customers REALLY "screwing them over"?

It may be a failure of imagination on my part, but I'm struggling to come
up with use cases for the home which would take up even 10% of the networks
available in a /56.  And if the vast, vast majority of home users will
never come close to needing the whole of a /56 then I don't see why every
home should be given a /48.

Dan