Credit to Digital Ocean for ipv6 offering

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Jun 18 18:44:58 UTC 2014

> I find the /50 particularly odd as it's not a nibble boundary and very
> close to /48. It's almost certain this is an operator who fails to grasp
> that they could have easily gotten a larger allocation from their RIR if
> they just asked for it and provided the appropriate justification in
> terms of giving /48s to their customers. OTOH, it's far better than
> those ridiculous providers that are screwing over their customers with
> /56s or even worse, /60s.

It's Time-Warner, and they are not ignorant.  I think they're
experimenting.  They are still working out bugs in their internal routing,
since my v6 routes have an annoying habit of disappearing inside their
network if I don't do a ping that passes through them every couple of
minutes.

Also, it may not actuallly be a /50.  That's what their rwhois says, but
I haven't done a tcpdump so I don't know what size they're actually
offering me.

Regards,