Credit to Digital Ocean for ipv6 offering

Daniel Ankers md1clv at md1clv.com
Wed Jun 18 10:35:23 UTC 2014

On 17 June 2014 23:39, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> In article <CABL6YZT7sSFxdBL1_UDVc2_t3X1drW0_AToHE51o2Pd=
> obDVrw at mail.gmail.com> you write:
> >+1+1+1 re living room
>
> My cable company assigns my home network a /50.  I can figure out what
> to do with two of the /64s (wired and wireless networks), but I'm
> currently stumped on the other 16,382 of them.
>
> R's,
> John

I've got a /56 which I'm then delegating /60s from - so, for example, I've
got a laptop which I run things like Virtualbox and Docker on.  This laptop
has a /60 and it can hand out /64s for virtual networks.

I figure that with the larger allocations to homes or offices the question
isn't "how do I allocate all of these" but "how do I delegate chunks of
this in a hierarchical manner."

Dan