Ars Technica on IPv4 exhaustion

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Jun 17 23:24:02 UTC 2014

In message <32832593.4076.1403046439981.JavaMail.root at benjamin.baylink.com>, Ja
y Ashworth writes:
> [...]

What's this "4A" garbage?

> worse than not...

See the red line.  https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html

Additionally Google and FaceBook have basically forced the client
side to fix their broken network configurations by publishing AAAA
records to everyone.  It only takes one or two big sites to force
this issue which they have done.

You are nowhere near the bleeding edge by publishing AAAA records today.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org