Ars Technica on IPv4 exhaustion

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Tue Jun 17 22:03:22 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-17 23:48, Jared Mauch wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2014, at 5:41 PM, Lee Howard <Lee at asgard.org> wrote:
[..]
>> Can't tech news sites *please* run dual stack while they're
>> spouting end-of-IPv4 stories?
>
> <wishful thinking=on>
>
> I would love to see a few more properties do IPv6 by default, such as
> ARS, Twitter and a few others.  After posting some links and being a
> log stalker last night the first 3 hits from non-bots were from users
> on IPv6 enabled networks.
[..]
I tried to give Slashdot the hint some 11+ years ago...

http://news.slashdot.org/story/03/02/12/2036205/slashdot-over-ipv6

They still didn't get that hint... then again slashdot is way passed its
prime. But even sites like Reddit don't have AAAAs.

I guess now that it is 2014 and the address space is really as good as
gone some sites will finally start buying IPv6 enabled equipment and
start learning what the problems might be in their codebase, router
equipment and most expensively: staff training.

Oh well, they can't claim they where not told anything...

Greets,
 Jeroen