routing issues to AWS via 2914(NTT)

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Fri Jun 13 21:28:29 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 11:44:51AM +0000, Paul WALL wrote:
> Amazon peers at many key exchanges, with dozens of hosting shops
> (where customers might share mutual infrastructure) like yours:
>
> https://www.peeringdb.com/view.php?asn=16509
>
> Rather than play the blame game with third-party transit providers,
> why not hit them up for some sessions?

That'll only get you peering connectivity into the local region.  To get
fully-peered with AWS, and be able to avoid third-party transit providers
entirely, you're going to have to be in a *lot* of places.

Not saying that AWS is a bad peer (from experience, I know they're fine to
deal with) but it isn't as cut-and-dried as saying "don't blame transit
providers, just peer!".

- Matt

--
A few minutes ago I attempted to give a flying fsck, but the best I could do
was to watch it skitter across the floor.