Getting pretty close to default IPv4 route maximum for 6500/7600 routers.

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Wed Jun 11 01:44:36 UTC 2014

My 2c:
The obvious thing for me is if people are running a full ipv4 route table on a box only just capable of handling one single table of that size, then really now is the time to asses if you really need to hold that table or just drop to default +internal+peers. If you have multiple up streams and you are using the route tables to do your route selection then great, but that means you need at least 1M capability now, and really 2+ should be your target. In my experience people running a full table on a small capability box normally don't actually need to carry it, or they just need a bigger box.