Getting pretty close to default IPv4 route maximum for 6500/7600routers.

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Jun 9 19:09:46 UTC 2014

Why, in your example, do you bias the split so heavily toward IPv4 that
the router won't be able to handle a current full v6 table?  I've been
using

mls cef maximum-routes ip 768

which is probably still a little too liberal for IPv6

FIB TCAM maximum routes :
=======================
Current :-
-------
  IPv4                - 768k
  MPLS                - 16k (default)
  IPv6 + IP Multicast - 120k (default)

given that a full v6 table is around 17k routes today.

A more important question though is how many 6500/7600 routers will fully
survive the reload required to affect this change?  I've lost a blade
(presumably to the bad memory issue) each time I've rebooted a 6500 to
apply this.