NTIA cedes root zone control

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jun 6 21:31:03 UTC 2014

In one of the worst written stories I've ever seen in Ars, it's announced
that -- in one of the best take-out-the-trash moments in Internet history
(make the announcement not only on a Friday, but *during a NANOG*) -- NTIA
is ceding control of the root DNS zone.

The article very carefully does not say *to whom*; though it implies that
it's ICANN.

If that's the case, then I'm not sure there's actually, y'know, *news*
here.  But...

  http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/03/in-sudden-announcement-us-to-give-up-control-of-dns-root-zone/

Cheers,
-- jra