Greenfield Access Network

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 17:01:26 UTC 2014

Roland,

I agree with everything you mentioned in your email. No matter how much
money and resources you have, if you don't have the talent and people
required to get the job done the project will fail. There a many outfits,
like Scotts for example, that will handle most all of these issues for an
operator that doesn't have the skills, talent, or personnel to deploy such
a network on their own.

I tried to keep the topics as broad as possible. No, I didn't go into
detail about recursive or authoritative as I figured the general term DNS
would cover both for the readers of this forum. The same with availability
and resiliency and telemetry visibility and network hardening and the other
detailed terms you have mentioned as I am making the assumption that this
networking gear being talk about (carrier grade routers) would have most of
these capabilities and people that would implement them (certified network
engineers) would handle these issues.

With that being said, we are not trying to crowdsource the architecture,
design, deployment, and operations of our network. We are just seeking
categorical
advice as mentioned. If you ask this question to many of the network
vendors that make these products they will try to oversell you on items you
don't need. Just trying to cut through some of the marketing BS that the
vendors produce, and see what people in the real world are actually
deploying.