Carrier Grade NAT

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jul 30 23:39:14 UTC 2014

On Jul 30, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Fred Baker (fred) <fred at cisco.com> wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2014, at 8:45 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>
>> I will say that if amazon would get off the dime and support IPv6, it would make a significant difference.
>
> Someone that works for Amazon once told me that they are primed for it now; the question is whether their customers tick the box appropriately.

Owens-MacBook-Pro:toneAC owendelong$ host www.amazon.com
www.amazon.com has address 72.21.215.232
Owens-MacBook-Pro:toneAC owendelong$ host www.google.com
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.145
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.146
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.148
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.144
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.147
www.google.com has IPv6 address 2607:f8b0:4005:802::1010

It appears to me that they have failed to tick their own box correctly.

I was talking about Amazon, not AWS. Yes, AWS would help too, but in terms of the Alexa list, Amazon would swing the percentage meaningfully. I don’t know to what extent AWS would swing the percentage.

Owen