Netflix To Cogent To World

randal k nanog at data102.com
Wed Jul 30 19:04:31 UTC 2014

We peer with Netflix directly on an exchange, and transit Level3, Cogent,
HE & TW.

In me experience, when our direct peer is down for whatever reason, Netflix
prefers Hurricane Electric no matter what - if the route is there, it takes
it - then Cogent, then Level3, then TW.

I agree that the Netflix team is responsive and easy to work with, and
again in my experience, their network team is extremely interested in
making things happen (despite what blogs & hearsay ...)

Randal