Carrier Grade NAT

Robert Drake rdrake at direcpath.com
Tue Jul 29 17:00:23 UTC 2014

On 7/29/2014 12:42 PM, Chris Boyd wrote:

> There's probably going to be some interesting legal fallout from that practice.  As an ISP customer, I'd be furious to find out that my communications had been intercepted due to the bad behavior of another user.
>
> --Chris

Usually, unless the judge is being super generous, they'll provide a
timestamp and a destination IP.  That should be pretty unique unless
they're looking for fraud against large website or something.  In the
unlikely event that two people hit the same IP at the same time(window)
they would probably just throw that information out as unusable for
their case.

Usually the window they give is ~ 3-5 seconds so they're pretty specific.