Richard Bennett, NANOG posting, and Integrity

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Mon Jul 28 12:59:40 UTC 2014

Paul WALL wrote:
> route-views will confirm that Netflix peer with a number of access
> providers, including the large ones; press releases related to
> "OpenConnect" imply that no money is passing hands.
>
> You'll note that, in spite of his wordy replies, never once does
> Richard Bennett disclose who is funding him and AEI.  Call it whatever
> you want, I think "lobbyist" is the best word choice.

It's pretty well established that AEI is primarily a right-wing,
conservative, pro-business think tank - with a mission statement that
starts: "The American Enterprise Institute is a community of scholars
and supporters committed to expanding liberty, increasing individual
opportunity and strengthening free enterprise." (http://www.aei.org/about/)

AEI policy studies are pretty consistently anti-regulation.

Miles Fidelman