Richard Bennett, NANOG posting, and Integrity

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Jul 28 04:56:00 UTC 2014

On Jul 27, 2014, at 9:39 PM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman at meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> Can you say more about what you've done to "survey and quantify" prevailing practices?

https://www.pch.net/resources/papers//peering-survey/PCH-Peering-Survey-2011.pdf

We’ll do another one in the run-up to the next OECD carrier interconnection paper.

> Given that Netflix is reportedly about 1/3 of Internet traffic these days, and Verizon is huge - how does that come out to .27% of cases?

Netflix/Verizon would be 0.0007% of cases, if it’s represented in the dataset.  The survey was of interconnection norms, not of hugeness.

                                -Bill