[OPINION] Best place in the US for NetAdmins

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sat Jul 26 00:35:45 UTC 2014

--- Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:52:05 -0400, Miles Fidelman said:

> Still DC is a nice place to live.

Depends on your definition of "nice".

I'm perfectly OK with the fact that when I look out the window here in my
office, the skyline is mostly National Forest.  Not many places in DC
have that going for them....

Just for fun...  Nice is indeed subjective.  We have crap
for restaurants for the most part, the only "mall" here is
tiny, traffic is terrible and everything is expensive, so
we go do free stuff like:

hiking
http://meteora.ucsd.edu/~iacob/photos/Kauai/napali05.jpg
http://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/images/Hanakoa_060L.jpg

and surfing
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/db/ca/ff/dbcaff7ecc0504a9278e2b804cd85122.jpg

scott

One day, hopefully, telecommuting really takes off, I can
actually sound intelligent in an interview (I do worse than
geek-attempting-to-ask-a-girl-out-for-a-date) and I get to do
the job I want from here instead of struggling through what
I do for work.  You gain some; you lose some.