EFF gets into the CPE router software business..

Charles N Wyble charles at thefnf.org
Fri Jul 25 23:57:11 UTC 2014

Well yes. :)

Plenty of relatively inexpensive x86 based kit out there. Maybe with TPM? Never looked.  Atom can push a good amount of packets.

I am in the process of building an HCL for the various bits of the FreedomStack. (CPE/distribution/core etc). My family is  a very heavy internet user. Both directions. An atom pfsense router and netgear 3800 has done the trick. Now to package them up with a slick / simplified / turnkey configuration and not have people balk at the price.

I hadn't taken much security/TPM wise into account. Would be a good way to help folks deal with the  increased expense. NSA proof, Snowden endorsed! :)