TCP Window Scaling issue

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Thu Jul 24 19:18:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Zach Hill <zach.reborn at gmail.com> wrote:

> All are from SPAN ports at each end. So for the second round of packet
> captures Site 1 is from a SPAN port off the NIC of Server A. Site 2 is from
> a SPAN port off the NIC of the MPLS router.
>
> The first round of packet captures are only from the SPAN port off the
> MPLS router at Site 2.

I have to dash out of a few hours; but the short
answer is the first round of packet captures
are too far from the host to matter.

second set are doing better, but still
would be best to compare with tcpdumps
from the device A itself, to see what it
thinks it's sending out, vs what is seen
upstream of it.  Can you grab tcpdumps
from server A itself?

Thanks!

Matt