Connectivity issue between Verizon and Amazon EC2 (NTT issue?)

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Wed Jul 23 07:23:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Further update -- Verizon indicates that the issue is related to
> saturation on a peering link between themselves and NTT.  Verizon is
> pointing to the NTT side as the source of the saturation / congestion.

So, Verizon is saying that Level3 into them is congested,
NTT into them is congested...sounds like there might
be a bit of a trend happening here.  I wonder if
Verizon is having trouble provisioning sufficient
capacity to support all of their customers?  If
so, it would kinda suck to be stuck being their
customer at the moment if you can't get to
places you want to reach.  :(

> We don't have a direct customer relationship with NTT so am hoping
> someone on this list may be able to pass this information along or
> investigate on our behalf.
>
> Ray

I'm sure there's NTT folks watching the thread go
past, but it's unlikely they'd be in a position to
say anything in a public forum like this one way
or the other.  ^_^;

Matt