Connectivity issue between Verizon and Amazon EC2

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Wed Jul 23 00:29:55 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:54:59PM -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> Others appear to be having similar issues.  Seems like Verizon is
> pointing at AWS:
>
> https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=558094
>
> Ray
>
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 08:56:27PM -0700, Tim Heckman wrote:
> > Realized I sent the reply to Roland. Apologies.
> >
> > Here it is in full:
> >
> > ####
> >
> > I am seeing the same issue between AWS US-WEST 2 and Hurricane
> > Electric's Fremont 2 location (Linode). Looks to be deep within
> > Amanzon's network based on changes in latency in a simple trace
> > route.
> >
> > I would provide an mtr, however my network configuration is
> > something mtr doesn't support.
> >
> > Cheers!  -Tim

Update on this:

- We have a ticket open with both AWS and Verizon.
- AWS has responded and felt the issue was with Verizon, but notified
  their network team and asked them to investigate further.
- Nothing back from Verizon yet (anyone here have a Verizon NOC
  contact?)

In the interim, the issuer persists.

Thanks,
Ray