Muni Fiber and Politics

Bruce H McIntosh bhm at ufl.edu
Tue Jul 22 12:59:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-21 at 16:04 -0400, William Herrin wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Scott Helms <khelms at zcorum.com> wrote:
> > I'd say your experience is anomalous.  I don't know which township you're
> > in, but I'd suggest you focus on getting a set of more effective local
> > officials.
>
> Sure, 'cause fixing local utility problems at the voting booth has a
> long and studied history of success.  Who do I vote for? The officials
> that allow rate increases and, when the utilities fail to fix the
> problems, allow more rate increases? Or the officials who refuse rate
> increases so that the utilities can't afford to fix the problems?

Bill, we *GOTTA* get you away from the District. Sounds like you've
spent too long in the loving embrace of the WSSC. :)  Out here in The
Real World(tm) things tend to work better.

Bruce H. McIntosh                            bhm at ufl.edu
Senior Network Engineer                      http://net-services.ufl.edu
University of Florida CNS/Network Services   352-273-1066