[NANOG-announce] NANOG Reminders and Updates

Betty Burke <[email protected]> betty at newnog.org
Tue Jul 22 00:39:44 UTC 2014

Colleagues:

A few reminders regarding NANOG 61- Bellevue, ARIN+NANOG on The Road -
Madison, NANOG 62 - Baltimore, Baltimore Education Classes, 2014 Elections,
and a NANOG Portal Update follow;

NANOG 61 Presentations <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog61/agenda>
and Meeting
Survey Results <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog61/surveys> are posted.

NANOG on the Road will be traveling to Madison, WS
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/road4/home> on September 9, 2014.  The
pre-agenda is expected very shortly.  Please note, registration is
required, however there is no fee to attend.

NANOG 62 CFP <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog62/callforpresentations>,
Registration <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog62/registration>, and Hotel
Reservations <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog62/hotelinformation> are
open.  As the deadline is fast approaching, please do consider submitting a
presentation.  The NANOG Registration Fee will increase on September 15,
2014.  We expect strong attendance, thus be sure to make your room
reservation soon.  Do you know someone who might need a bit of assistance
attending NANOG 62, please send along information regarding our NANOG
Fellowship <https://www.nanog.org/resources/fellowships> program.

Two Education Classes, Routing Fundamentals
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/education/baltimore_education_classes/routing_fundamentals>
and IPv6 Routing Fundamentals
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/education/baltimore_education_classes/ipv6_routing_fundamentals>
will be offered on Sunday, October 5, 2015 in Baltimore. These classes
offer This is a great opportunity for budding engineers or graduate
students, as well as current Internet technicians, to learn best practices,
refresh on routing skills.

2014 Elections are fast approaching.  The Election announcement will be
sent shortly.  So as to participate in NANOG leadership discussions, be
sure to renew and/or join NANOG <https://www.nanog.org/membership/join> now.

Lastly, as you prepare to Register for NANOG 62, or renew your NANOG
membership, you will see a new NANOG Portal (ARO) interface with more icons
and simpler navigation paths to help you get where you want to go.

Should you decide you like the look/feel of the old interface, you can
switch back by following the steps:

   - Log onto your ARO account at https://www.nanog.org/login and enter
   your username and password.
   - Click on My ARO at the top left next to the NANOG logo; then click on
   My Account.
   - Under Account Preferences on the right side, select NO at "Show New
   Interface."

We hope you find these reminders and information helpful.  Should you have
any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact
nanog-support at nanog.org.

Sincerely,
Betty

--