Muni Fiber and Politics

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Mon Jul 21 20:41:46 UTC 2014

My municipality (Loma Linda, CA) doesn't offer anything free, but does
provide fiber connectivity (Layer 3) to residents in some portions of
the city.  There were plans at one point to make it available more
broadly, but nearly eight years later I still am not in an area which
has access nor do I think there has been great progress in the
build-out efforts for whatever reasons (costs, lack of demand, etc.).

Ray