Muni Fiber and Politics

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Jul 21 19:50:22 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Blake Dunlap <ikiris at gmail.com> wrote:
> My power is pretty much always on, my water is pretty much always on
> and safe, my sewer system works, etc etc...

Mine isn't. I lost power for a three days solid last year, I've
suffered 3 sanitary sewer backflows into my basement the last decade
and you should see the number of violations the EPA has on file about
my drinking water system. Only the gas company has managed to keep the
service on, at least until I had a problem with the way their billing
department mishandled my bill. Didn't get solved until it went to the
lawyers.

And I'm in the burbs a half dozen miles from Washington DC. God help
folks in a truly remote location.

> Why is layer 1 internet magically different from every other utility?

It isn't.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Can I solve your unusual networking challenges?