DDoS mitigation Equinix?

Ameen Pishdadi apishdadi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 14:32:29 UTC 2014

Equinix doesn't provide Ddos protection ,  cloud flare is able to mitigate attacks by spreading out the traffic across 20-30 different pops which are mostly located at Equinix. Cloud flare is pretty much a cdn , people have been using cdns for years to mitigate Ddos like akaimi , wasn't really popular though because of how expensive cdns like Akamai were, btw they recently bought prolexic. Cloud flare as far as I know does not sell Ddos protection service by any other means then there web proxy/cache service. Also there core business isn't Ddos protection it's website optimization via cdn type setup.

Our company also uses Equinix and other carrier hotels to provide Ddos protection, we provide a connection to our network by cross connects or peering exchanges , 1 gig or 10 gig and filter the Ddos before it leaves our network, this can be on full time or only when an attack is detected.
Other methods of filtered traffic delivery are gre VPN tunnels and reverse proxy method. The difference between us  , prolexic vs cloud flare is the different delivery methods allow protection against attacks towards other services and protocols besides http protocol/websites, and protection against entire networks versus an individual domain, it's just a different business model going after different market segments.

Sent from my iPhone