Inevitable death, was Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Brett Glass nanog at brettglass.com
Wed Jul 16 00:02:48 UTC 2014

At 05:10 PM 7/15/2014, George Herbert wrote:

>Layer3 runs right through Laramie. With a redundant run slightly
>south.  What conversations have you had with them?...

At first, Level3 completely refused us. Then, they quoted us a rate
several times higher than either of our existing upstreams for
bandwidth. Even at that price, they refused to let us link to them
via wireless (requiring us to either buy easements or buy land
adjacent to their building, which sits on rented land).

--Brett Glass