Inevitable death, was Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Brett Glass nanog at brettglass.com
Tue Jul 15 18:59:38 UTC 2014

At 12:18 PM 7/15/2014, Rubens Kuhl wrote:

>If you are picky enough to prefer other radios that cost more on Mbps/$,
>that's your call,

We need reliability. That particular radio wouldn't cut it. As I've
mentioned, users can get away with much less bandwidth if the quality
is high, so going for a less reliable radio with a high nominal speed
does not actually save money.

Also, that 5 GHz radio is a "spectrum spammer" and hence is a bad
neighbor.

After 25 years of doing wireless, one learns what really works and what
is a false economy. Believe me, we've learned some hard and expensive
lessons.

--Brett Glass