Net Neutrality...

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Tue Jul 15 15:03:09 UTC 2014

Sorry to be cold about this but as high speed connectivity becomes more necessity than luxury, the market will still react.  For example,  I could move to the top of a mountain with no electric however most of us would not.  If I was buying a home and I could not get decent high speed Internet, I would not live there because that is my business and I need it.  If rural areas cannot get the kind of services they need from the carriers they have, they will have to react and break the monopoly.  The economic model still works but is not as fast and efficient.

There is always satellite which will all know if painful but it is an option so there is almost always not a real monopoly.  Granted, if all I have to do is beat satellite, my bar is lower.  You are right about becoming your own ISP.  If you want to lose a lot of money in a hurry I would advise you to go to Las Vegas or become a facilities based small ISP.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL