Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon Jul 14 17:57:38 UTC 2014

On 7/14/2014 8:31 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> Oh, *sure* Dave; write your own RFC just so you can refer to it in an
> argument, 19 years later...

Well, after all, one does need to /earn/ the title of visionary...

However, you've provided nice closure to some childhood trauma:

I've no math skills, while my brother who is 5 years my senior has an
excess of them.  When I was quite young -- maybe 4? -- he taught me to
participate in a parlor trick where I would demonstrate astonishing
arithmetic skills.  He would feed me a series of numbers and operations
(4 + 3 * 2 - 2 +...) and I'd say the final answer and it was always
correct.  The gimmick was that by pre-arrangement he said he would say
the final answer early on, in a particular place in the sequence, and
then he'd make the computation wander around until it came back to that
number.

Friends and family were amazed.  Except our mother, who knew I wasn't
that bright.

I guess now you've discerned that she was wrong.

On 7/14/2014 9:52 AM, Barry Shein wrote:
> How about "Vicarious Access":
>
> No physical connection but people keep coming into your office to tell
> about some dopey thing they just read or saw on the internet.

Might be time to revise the RFC...

d/
--
Dave Crocker