Best practice for BGP session/ full routes for customer

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at ericsson.com
Mon Jul 14 17:32:43 UTC 2014

Mark,

BGP to RIB filtering (in any vendor implementation) is targeting RR which
is not in the forwarding path, so there¹s no forwarding towards any
destination filtered out from RIB.
Using it selectively on a forwarding node is error prone and in case of
incorrect configuration would result in blackholing.

Cheers,
Jeff