Multi-Vendor Configuration Pusher

Ryan Shea ryanshea at google.com
Mon Jul 14 13:18:32 UTC 2014

I have a chunk of code for a multi-vendor configuration push tool under the
Apache 2.0
license. Some of you may be interested.

https://code.google.com/p/ldpush/

This is an easily extensible framework on top of paramiko and pexpect in
Python for distributing configuration to (or running commands on) devices.
Currently we have the following vendor targets:

  * aruba
  * brocade
  * cisconx
  * ciscoxr
  * hp (procurve)
  * ios
  * junos
  * generic ssh

I have a thin wrapper around these vendor implementations which allows for
threaded pushes and a couple small operational conveniences, but would
appreciate any feedback <https://code.google.com/p/ldpush/issues/list> and
testing. Please treat this as you would any *new* code -- do not consider
it production quality. This project and Capirca
<https://code.google.com/p/capirca/> go together like beans and cornbread,
if you're into that sort of thing.

Thanks,
Ryan