Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 14:45:38 UTC 2014

On 13 July 2014 06:39, Steven Tardy <sjt5atra at gmail.com> wrote:

> (OK, Keep 100mbps for Netflix to pre-populate, 100mbps is 30TB/month)
> (Now I'm curious how many GB/month Netflix pre-populates, hmmm)

Shame Netflix can't fill their appliances using really cheap, bulk, one-way
satellite bandwidth which is useless for most other Internet applications.
 Then their traffic wouldn't use any of your real, paid for, transit.

Of course siting a dish would be another expense with hosting one of their
boxes, but if it made the on-going costs go away...

Aled