OT: WIld West [was: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix]

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sun Jul 13 13:05:04 UTC 2014

Larry Sheldon wrote:
> On 7/12/2014 9:42 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>
>> ahhh.   so
>>
>>     not government regulated == wild west
>
> More like "not civilized == wild west.
>
> Although as a native Westerner, I thing that is still an unfair slur.

Well, ok, maybe not the old west, but some of the current shenanigans
sure look like the early days of Las Vegas ("I'm going to make you an
offer you can't refuse"), and of LA Power and Light (can you say
"Chinatown?" - not all fictional).  Granted the mob guys in Las Vegas
mostly originated in NY and Chicago. :-)

And now I'll shut up.

Cheers,

Miles