Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sat Jul 12 22:19:56 UTC 2014

Personally, I'm not being sarcastic at all.

Right now, peering agreements are the wild west.  But.. there's
rulemaking going on at the FCC - driven by all the talk about "network
neutrality" and "Internet Fast Lanes" -- that is likely to have real
impacts on all of us.  Most of what passes for "discussion" is posturing
by various big players, interest groups, and pundits.  (To an earlier
comment - Verizon is not a small ISP; but neither is Netflix a small
business.)

These are real questions, that merit serious examination - not to
mention serious input to the current FCC rulemaking from knowledgeable
folks.

Just one man's opinion, of course.

Miles Fidelman