Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

mcfbbqroast . bbqroast at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 19:54:15 UTC 2014

One thing I've noted from those that support Verizon in this thread is that
they often talk about Netflix's policy being unfair on small ISPs. Verizon
is not a small ISP. Small ISPs seem happy peering with Netflix when they
can (in fact they seem happy peering with anyone given there costs of
transit) or getting a cache if they're big enough.

My way of thinking it always has been that you are an ISP. An INTERNET
service provider. As such you must make a best effort attempt to connect
your customers to the internet at the speed you advertise.

Let's cut the crap, Verizon is not irritated by Netflix's policies. They're
irritated by Netflix and friends cutting into their far more lucrative
content market.