Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jul 11 16:57:10 UTC 2014

On Jul 11, 2014, at 1:32 AM, Vitkovský Adam <adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk> wrote:

> [...]

Nope… It’d be totally wrong, and if I were Netflix, my response would be:

No, I don’t want to be your customer. I want to work together with you as peers to improve the situation for our mutual customers.

Which seems to be what Netflix is trying to do, having made a variety of attachment mechanisms readily available without charging the ISPs for any of them. Sure, the ISP may incur additional costs in reaching any of the available Netflix solutions, but none of that money is actually going to Netflix, unlike the ISPs attempt to get Netflix to subsidize their network to provide service to customers that are already paying them to receive Netflix (and other things).

Owen