Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Brian Loveland brian at aereo.com
Fri Jul 11 02:06:57 UTC 2014

In what world is Verizon an XO customer?

But I think the whole premise of blaming XO is broken, just because your
traceroute shows inbound to Netflix via XO does not mean Netflix is sending
bits to you via XO.  If you are sitting on AS701, Netflix certainly has
many routes with aspath length = 2 (Transit, VZB) and its going to be
pretty hard to know what path they are taking into VZB for yourself.