Listing or google map of peering exchange

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Jul 9 19:46:51 UTC 2014

On Jul 09, 2014, at 15:36 , Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2014, at 11:35 AM, Zaid A. Kahn <zaid at zaidali.com> wrote:
>
>> PeeringDB www.peeringdb.com is the defacto source of truth.
>
> That’s user-submitted data.  The PCH directory is twenty years old, and is independently verified by our staff.  So what’s there isn’t always up-to-date, but we do differentiate between rumor and something that’s been verified by someone going and laying eyes on it.

It is ever-so-slightly better than user-submitted data. Specifically, if an IX or a colo tells us "this person says they are a [Customer|Member|whatever] and they are not", we will remove that row from the DB.

Then again, PeeringDB never claimed to be anything but user-submitted data. Just the opposite.

> On Jul 9, 2014, at 11:34 AM, William F. Maton Sotomayor <wmaton at ottix.net> wrote:
>> https://prefix.pch.net/applications/ixpdir/
>
> Or, more specifically,
>
> https://prefix.pch.net/applications/ixpdir/index.php?new=1&show_active_only=1&sort=Region&order=desc
>
> …gets you exactly what you’re looking for.

Taking just Seattle IX (since I have a personal interest there :), it says "177" under "participants", but <http://www.seattleix.net/participants.htm> disagrees.

To be clear, PCH does a better job than most (all?) others. And a ridiculously difficult job it is. Finding how each IXP presents its user / traffic / whatever data an trying to collate it is nearly impossible.

But thank you for trying!

--
TTFN,
patrick