Next steps in extortion case - ideas?

C. A. Fillekes cfillekes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 15:59:14 UTC 2014

IANAL but I believe criminal defamation is (ta-da!) a criminal offense.
 Defamation in service of the crime of extortion -- depends on the
jurisdiction you decide to prosecute this in.  Since the internet is
everywhere, you might be able to choose the jurisdiction with the harshest
penalty...Singapore?  Want to see a scammer flogged?  You could sell
tickets.

Furthermore, since this person (we don't actually know "his" gender, now do
we?) has established a clear pattern -- and the victims should be easy to
identify -- getting together with 16 other of them could constitute a
class, for the purposes of waging a class action suit.

Finally, one way to track down this person (I use the term loosely) is to
offer a small partial payment of the "debt" -- and see who cashes the
check.