New BCOPs in Progress

Yardiel D. Fuentes yardiel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 22:48:29 UTC 2014

OK NANOGers,

Some of us got the call to arms from Chris G email below and the NANOG BCOP Committee and now we are interested in generating DoS attack-related Best Common Practices (BCOP) appeal to serve the entire NANOG community.

This document, as other BCOP appeals are expected to be as brief as possible and to the point in order to keep it practical and useful.

The goal is to generate a set of best practices of what to do before/during/after a DoS/DDoS attack -- including what seems to have worked best and what hasn't. Time dedicated to this effort should extensive and participation can be non-real-time given that  it can be done over email with no need for conference calls if desired.

DoS and DDoS attacks have been a topic that have captured high interest from NANOGers based on the archived list topics and email threads. So, now is your time to help shape a NANOG BCOP Appeal on this topic.

Please contact me off-list if you want participate by either sharing your experience, expertise or opinions towards generating a DoS Attack BCOP.

Yardiel Fuentes
yardiel at gmail.com
twitter: #techguane