Feedback Requested: Routing Resilience Manifesto

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Wed Jul 2 18:14:06 UTC 2014

On 7/2/2014 1:00 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2014, at 1:52 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>
>> People will notice you streaking across a football field. They won't
>> pay the slightest attention to what you have to say but they sure will
>> notice you. Shall we organize a naked routing run?
>
> No, but how else do you suggest we work to address these problems?

I am no longer active in the field, but back in the day, the ways of
successfully selling stuff to management involved some mix of:

It will improve sales.
It will reduce costs.
It will allow you to do something you want to do.
It will keep you out of court and jail.

No variation "It is the right thing to do" ever worked unless management
thought of it.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: