Updated ARIN allocation information

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jan 30 15:34:56 UTC 2014

As the author of the policy which set this block aside, I speak only from my perspective as the author and not officially on behalf of ARIN or the AC in any way:

The intent is to provide very small allocations/assignments for organizations which need some amount of IPv4 for a best-effort to facilitate networking after IPv4 general runout.

While I recognize that organizations may or may not be able to get these routes accepted, the reality is that IPv4 runout is going to create interesting routing scenarios and other problems. I figured having a predictable prefix where people could at least make a best effort was better than simply allowing chaos through the entire address space.

Indeed, much popcorn will be required. That is why my networks are all IPv6 capable already.

Owen