FW: Updated ARIN allocation information

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Thu Jan 30 14:55:57 UTC 2014

* Justin M. Streiner

> In the worst case, this would add another 262,144 routes (/10 fully
> assigned, and all assignments are /28s) to the global IPv4 route view.
> Realistically, the number will be a good bit smaller than that, but only
> time will tell for sure exactly how much smaller.  Wash/rinse/repeat for
> any other RIR that adopts a similar policy.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I'll wager you $100 that pretty much all
of the people requesting a block from ARIN under this policy (or any
other) is going to go for a /24 (or larger). There is some precedent;
RIPE policy has not mandated a minimum assignment size for IPv4 PI, at
least not in the last decade, yet the NCC has made almost no assignments
smaller than /24.

Tore