FW: Updated ARIN allocation information

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 03:22:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
> On 1/29/14, 14:01, Leslie Nobile wrote:
>>
>> Additionally, ARIN has placed  23.128.0.0/10 in its reserves in accordance
>> with the policy "Dedicated IPv4 block to facilitate IPv6 Deployment" (NRPM
>> 4.10).  There have been no allocations made from this block as of yet,
>> however, once we do begin issuing from this block, the minimum allocation
>> size for this /10 will be a /28 and the maximum allocation size will be a
>> /24.  You may wish to adjust any filters you have in place accordingly.
>

> I know ARIN doesn't care about routability and all that, but good luck with
> those /28s.

maybe these weren't meant to be used outside the local ASN? :)
I do wonder though what the purpose of this block is? If it's to be
used inside the local ASN (as seems to be indicated based upon minimum
allocation sizes) then why not use the IETF marked 100.64/10 space
instead? Global-uniqueness? ok, sure...

There will need to be popcorn though, for this event.

-chris