BGP multihoming with two address spaces

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Wed Jan 29 14:40:38 UTC 2014

Another thing to keep in mind that some providers will use local pref. as well for traffic engineering,
Looking at the TW Telecom Community strings, it would appear that they do...

http://www.onesc.net/communities/as4323/

http://www.onesc.net/communities/as3356/

Try using the communities to influence your traffic engineering.

BTW, I took a quick look at Routeviews looking glass for you ...

Here is what I see....

8.37.93.0/24 is only being advertised via your TW Telecom connection .... (Possible Filters issues with Level3 ?)
207.114.212.0/24 is being advertised via both TW Telecom and Level3.. and in case of Routeviews, it is preferring the Level3 connection.

The above is for inbound traffic only...

For outbound, if you want to use both connections, then you will have to create an ACL to change the Local Pref so that you can use one or the other provider as the preferred route.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: Support at Snappytelecom.net