Terremark Miami

Wolfgang Nagele wolfgang.nagele at ausregistry.com.au
Wed Jan 29 02:00:20 UTC 2014

There are plenty Direct Connect partners that’ll be happy to take your data from NOTA in Miami to a remote AWS location. See: http://aws.amazon.com/directconnect/partners/

On 1/28/14, 2:55 PM, "Warren Bailey" <wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com<mailto:wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com>> wrote:

We¹re looking at potential connectivity need of 100mbps from a customer
colocated in NAP of America¹s in Miami to some stuff living in AWS land.
We weren¹t particularly thrilled about the aspect of a GRE tunnel over the
internet (our AWS stuff does some data manipulation) and wanted to use the
Amazon Direct Connect functionality. It seems like they do this direct
connect as select peering points, and there were no options for anything
in Miami. It may just be easier to buy something off of the provider to
run the traffic over to a colo with AWS connectivity. I¹m really just
looking for sexy ways to avoid the internet as a transit route for this
data (the data doesn¹t have anything to do with the internet).